As the real estate market grows every day, there are more and more ways to make a living with REITs.
Investors are learning more about how real estate investing software can help them grow and improve their rental property businesses.
Whether you want to invest or work for a REIT company, there are plenty of opportunities for you.
So, if you are looking to pursue a real estate investment trust as a life-changing career opportunity and are looking for the best-paying jobs in a real estate investment trust then relax, relax and unwind.
I have made this task quite easy for you not only to find the job but also to find the most suitable job for you.
But before that, we’ll understand what REITs mean. And, how do they work?
What are REITs?
REIT stands for Real Estate Investment Trust.
It is a committee of real estate experts that owns various real estate assets with the help of individuals like us and generates income by renting them with their expertise.
REITs can own commercial buildings, shopping malls, apartments, hotels, resorts, warehouses, etc.
Working Model of REIT
Let us understand the working model of REIT in a situation. Suppose you have $2 million in your bank account and want to own the property in any metro city in the USA like New York, Atlanta, New Jersey, etc.
Is it possible to own a property at any prime location in these high-profile cities for such a teensy-weensy amount?
The picture speaks for itself.
Yes, this is the reality of real estate in any metro city. We can’t afford such commercial or private properties even if we wish to. The rate starts from a minimum of $20 million.
What does REIT do here?
They gather such small funds from hundreds of investors like us and make a large amount, say $1 million or even more. And invest this XYZ amount in commercial property at the central point of any city.
Later, give that property on rent, and the rent gets distributed between those investors as a dividend after cutting out some percent as the commission of REIT to do all work.
Rules and Regulations of REIT
Rules that REIT must follow:-
- 90% of the income must get distributed to the investors in dividends.
- 80% of the investment must be in properties capable of generating revenues.
- Only 10% of the total investment must be in real estate under-construction properties.
- The company must have an asset base of at least $70 to $100 million.
- Net Asset Value must get updated twice every financial year.
The assurance about all the future operations and profit dispersion of REIT takes us one step forward in investing in REIT and boosts our confidence to work in best paying jobs In real estate investment trusts.
Types of REIT
Now let us take a quick look at the Types of REITs.
The first three types are on the base of income-source generated:-
- Equity REITs: Major part of the income is generated by renting the property.
- Mortgage REITs: Interest is the primary source of income by lending money to real estate owners and operators.
- Hybrid REITs: Combination of both equity and mortgage REITs.
Another three types are classified based on how their shares are purchased:-
- Publicly Traded REITs: Their shares are listed on NSE so that individual investors can buy or sell them.
- Publicly Non-Traded REITs: Their shares are not listed on NSE but registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Private REITs: Their shares are not Securities and Exchange Commission registered and not traded on NSE.
Further, Equity REITs have eight different subtypes according to the property:
- Retail REITs
- Official REITs
- Industrial REITs
- Diversified REITs
- Residential REITs
- Healthcare REITs
- Specialized REITs
- Hotel & Resort REITs
Advantages of REIT
Advantages of being an investor in REIT:-
Since they are standardized by SEBI and secured by a long-term lease, risk possibilities are near zero.
Affordable Real Estate Investment:
Any person willing to invest $15, 000 or more can invest in this.
The diversification characteristic of REIT shows its exceptional value in terms of investment. Yes, any investment in real estate restricts us to geographical boundaries, but that’s not the case with REIT.
Even if you are a resident of New Jersey but want to invest in, say technical park of Noida, then it is possible with REIT.
But by hearing this, a stack of questions has been piled up in front of you, right?
Such as, how can we maintain such a long-distance property?
Is traveling now and then for maintenance or legal procedure or for searching the tenants possible?
And this is when our next advantage peeps in.
This benefit makes REIT an ideal choice in the investment sector. A team of highly qualified members professionally manages all operations, from marketing, rent collection, and tenant management to facilities maintenance.
Our last advantage qualified team members grab all our attention, which eventually hints that REITs create multiple streams of income.
So let me turn REITs inside out and explore the best-paying jobs in real estate investment trusts.
20 Best Paying Jobs In Real Estate Investment Trusts for 2023
1. Senior Director
Since you are seeking the highest-paying jobs in real estate investment trusts, being an investor is the ideal option.
Primarily manages all aspects, from the administration of funds to the development of strategy, and has the ability to acquire in-depth knowledge of the real estate investment business.
- Managing funds
- Buying real estate assets
- Adding value to the property
- Applying strategies to get a higher income
Pay Scale: $25,000- $12,1000 annually
Eligibility: A degree in finance, economics, business administration, computer science, statistics, and mathematics.
2. REIT Analyst
This is another kind of job that fits well on our list of the best-paying jobs in real estate investment trusts. A REIT analyst helps the real estate and finance departments with buying, selling, marketing, and financing properties.
They help research, analyze, and keep an eye on real estate market trends, which lets the company make smart property decisions.
- Carrying out research
- Supervising huge workloads
- Evaluating commercial properties
- Follow up on the marketing trends
- Suggesting profitable investment opportunities
Pay Scale: $79,360- $150,490 annually
Eligibility: A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 4 to 7 years of related experience.
3. Compliance Officer
They operate legally and ethically due to their expertise in risk management and knowledge of legal requirements.
- Identifying weaknesses
- Draft and revise company policies
- Developing an effective compliance program
- Creating internal controls and monitoring them
- Educating and training employees about the risks and company goals
Pay Scale: $66000 – $157000 excluding bonuses and incentives
Eligibility: BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration, or a related field with proven experience as a Compliance Officer. Professional certification will be an added advantage.
4. Real Estate Agent
A mediator between buyer & seller that provides thorough guidance with sales, communication, and negotiation skills. Pleasant and trustworthy behavior will be a perfect fit for this position.
- Developing networks
- Validating paperwork
- Perform market analysis
- Updating list of available properties
- Guiding and assisting both sellers and buyers
- Analyzing client’s requirements and financial budget
Pay Scale: $45000- $112000 varies according to the experience
Eligibility: Real estate agent license with a proven successful sales record.
5. Property Appraiser
With their clever understanding of the market, they propose the exact value of the property.
- Visiting Sites
- Preparing reports based on analysis
- Evaluating properties and property ratings
- Examining all factors affecting property market value
Pay Scale: $14,000- $142,000
Eligibility: BS degree in a relevant field with the license. Advanced knowledge of related software.
Deals with legal contracts and tax issues and works as an in-house counselor. Since they handle such a noteworthy aspect of the company, they have strong attention to detail. One of the highest paying job positions, in that case, you can easily save $10000 in 6 months.
- Drafting and reviewing reports
- Protecting the company against legal risks
- Guiding managers with rules and regulations
- Representing the company in legal meetings
- Handling all legal procedures such as agreements, patents, etc.
Pay Scale: $134,943- $171,444.
Eligibility: BS degree in law with current license to practice with proven law firm experience.
7. Real Estate Broker
Assist sellers in advertising their properties by mentioning features of their area. Their demonstration and selling skills are beneficial to any firm or individual. Therefore, this position is among lucrative self-employed job that leaves us with many benefits.
- Attending property auctions
- Supervising real estate agents
- Presenting property to potential buyers
- Collaborating with attorneys, stakeholders, contractors, etc.
Pay Scale: $10,000- $145,000 including commission
Eligibility: A Valid license to practice the profession of real estate broker with proven experience as a real estate broker.
8. Property Manager
The wholeheartedly responsible person for maintaining property and customer satisfaction. Their customer-focused approach increase revenue and asset value.
- Achieving financial goals
- Inspecting and handling maintenance
- Creating and executing annual budgets
- Maintaining a positive relationship with tenants
Pay Scale: $31,330- $134,570
Eligibility: Diploma/ degree required with 3+ years experience in leasing, hospitality, or administrative work.
A professional who can turn designs into plans with the help of a team of engineers and architects and fulfill clients’ structural and designing requirements.
- Creating designs
- Finalizing designs
- Inspecting materials required
- Getting the drafts sanctioned by clients or higher authorities
Pay Scale: $36,590- $83,740
Eligibility: A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture from a technical college. Well-versed with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
10. Leasing Consultants
A competitive approach toward client-grabbing opportunities leads them to the right path.
- Securing Tenants
- Completing agreements
- Identifying opportunities
- Negotiating leasing terms
- Validating clients information
- Keeping track of property status
Pay Scale: $28,796- $35,371
Eligibility: A bachelor’s degree in real estate management, business administration, or related field. A leasing license or certification might be criteria based on the state.
11. Investor Relation Officer
This is my favorite job in real estate investment trusts because you only need good communication skills and confidence in making your own decisions to bridge the gap between investors and the management team.
- Observing performance
- Analyzing financial models
- Training company spokesperson
- Maintaining proper investor relations
- Creating press releases and presentations
Pay Scale: $112,905- $159,403
Eligibility: A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university specializing in finance/ accounts. MBA (Finance) will be a cherry on top. Consider applying for one of the best-paying jobs in real estate investment trusts.
12. Accounting Manager
You are obligated to keep daily activities under supervision by monitoring the financial position. The ideal candidate is someone who can save dollars without sacrificing quality.
- Improving systems
- Ensuring accuracy
- Meeting financial objectives
- Completing annual audits
- Following proper accounting policies and principals
- Performing all accounting operations, including budgeting, cash forecasting, debt activities, etc.
Pay Scale: $100,114- $126,843
Eligibility: A bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance with proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, or Finance Manager.
13. Asset Management Associate
Aim toward maximizing returns or investments by building a client portfolio and maintaining financial stability.
- Maximizing profits
- Minimizing Risk and loss
- Identifying trends and patterns
- Investing money in upcoming projects
Pay Scale: $26,920- $100,000
Eligibility: A bachelor’s degree in building and construction, business studies, finance, statistics, economics, management, or accounting
14. Service Associate
The face and voice of a company as they are the polite listeners that work with customers and fulfill their utmost needs.
- Solving customers inquiries
- Maintaining positive attitude
- Communicating with customers
- Handling complaints and providing solutions
Pay Scale: $31,550- $40,553
Eligibility: High school diploma with 1+ years of customer service experience, preferably in a related field.
15. Administrative Assistant
The most valuable member of staff due to their expertise in handling software and doing administrative tasks.
- Plan meetings
- Maintaining filing system
- Booking travel arrangements
- Answer and forward phone calls
- Arrange and schedule appointments
Pay Scale: $38,164 and $48,198
Eligibility: High School degree with proficiency in MS Office
16. Marketing Manager
A person who lives and breathes marketing is the best fit for the position. Their creative ideas take the company’s revenue to the next level.
- Planning marketing strategies
- Approving marketing material
- Analyzing consumer behavior
- Deploying marketing campaigns
- Analyzing social media trends and metrics
Pay Scale: $95,948- $129,647
Eligibility: BSc/MSc degree in Marketing and deep knowledge of digital marketing.
17. Human Resource Manager
A single point of contact for administrative tasks ranging from hiring through salary disbursement.
- Organizing training programs
- Maintaining payment records
- Evaluating individuals performance
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Handling recruitment and selection process
Pay Scale: $75,600- $228,000
Eligibility: Degree in Human Resources or related field with proven working experience as HR Manager or other HR Executive.
Ensures the provision of high-quality services by doing a thorough check of each activity to ensure timely and efficient delivery. Your ability to organize your time and focus on what’s most important will help you make even $100 per day in this role.
- Setting objectives
- Overseeing employees
- Analyzing expectations
- Identify areas of improvement
- Organizing and maintaining tasks
Pay Scale: $28905- $111500
Eligibility: High school diploma with proven experience in the supervision field.
19. Transaction Analyst
A responsible person for the final review of the agreement to ensure it goes hand-in-hand with the company’s policies.
- Preparing client reports
- Analyzing financial report
- Collaborating with the team to meet all key performance measures
- Participating in brainstorming to improve knowledge and communication
Pay Scale: $90,000 – $110,000
Eligibility: A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, Education, Management, Business/Administration, Real Estate, and Communication.
20. Survey Researchers
The position of survey researcher comes in last on my list of best jobs in real estate investment trusts.
You will be responsible for designing surveys to gather data and create performance measures. This can be considered one of the best things to do to earn money as a teenager.
- Designing survey
- Conducting research
- Choosing the appropriate survey method
- Summarize collected data in the form of a chart or graph.
Pay Scale: $44680- $81830
Eligibility: A bachelor’s degree is sufficient for entry-level positions. For higher positions, a Master’s degree or Ph.D. is preferable.
Since we got detailed information about the best-paying jobs in real estate investment trusts, we can flourish some benefits of working in REITs.
- A unique field to work in due to which we can learn various things about the market, finance, etc.
- High demand for real estate leads to job security.
- Attractive bonuses and commissions result in extra income.
- A stable and consistent income to make a living.
Final Words: REITs Jobs
As you can see, a career with a REIT offers a wide variety of opportunities. They also have a great deal of popularity among investors seeking a reliable rate of return.
Before deciding to pursue a job in real estate investment trusts, start by identifying your areas of interest and strength.
So, if you want the benefits of a flexible schedule, you can even try self-employment jobs to earn thousands of dollars each month.
Your wait for your dream job ends here.