I know you don’t want a long-lasting paper contract. And I even know the reason behind it.
Because it has to be maintained, and stored for five years, ten years, or even twenty years down the road.
So exactly what do you need?
You want an elastic, tight contract that can adapt to change and accommodate any needs your business may encounter in the future. You want an electronic signature in Word!
I got your back.
It’s super simple!
All you need to do is set up your signature once and then use it any time you need to sign something electronically in the future!
By using software for signing documents, you can avoid printing out tons of documents and just focus on getting the job done efficiently.
This article will explain how to use an electronic signature in word in detail.
What is an Electronic signature?
An electronic signature, also known as an e-signature, is a means of authentication that allows you to sign documents electronically.
You can use your electronic signature when filling out credit card forms or downloading new programs from reputable websites.
As well as when submitting completed applications through web portals or traditional mail-in processes.
You can even make changes to signed documents later on. Signatures are generally considered just as binding as those made with pen and ink.
Since electronic signatures are much more convenient than printing, signing, and scanning every time. They are quickly becoming popular as an alternative to faxing contracts back and forth between parties involved.
6 Advantages of Using an Electronic Signature You Can’t-Miss (Seriously You Can’t)
- One of the most obvious benefits is that it’s much more convenient than having to print out documents and then sign them manually. This can save a lot of time, especially if you need to sign a lot of documents on a regular basis.
- Another benefit is that it’s more secure than a traditional signature. With an electronic signature, you can be sure that the document has not been altered in any way since you signed it. This is because the electronic signature is like a fingerprint – it’s unique to you and can’t be duplicated.
- Another big benefit is that you can avoid paper clutter. If you’re someone who likes to keep a neat and organized home, then using electronic signatures can help you reduce the amount of paper clutter in your life.
- With a physical signature, you have to worry about the paper getting lost or damaged. But with an electronic signature, the document is stored electronically and can’t be misplaced or destroyed.
- You no longer have to look through stacks of papers before finding one on top of the pile. Rather, find what you need online where everything is neatly organized for you.
- Finally, using an electronic signature can also help to protect the environment. By eliminating the need to print out and sign documents, you’ll be saving paper and helping to reduce your carbon footprint.
Now since you are aware of electronic signatures. Get to the bottom of the facts, though Microsoft word has the feature of signing software.
Some signing software like SignNow or DocuSign ends up giving more advanced features, which makes the signing process even faster and fuss-free.
Moreover, the process of signing an electronic signature in Word can be cumbersome and time-consuming. But I think that if you use SignNow, it will definitely be worth your time.
How to Add Electronic Signature in Word Using SignNow?
There are many methods to sign documents or add an electronic signature in Word, but today we will test out one of the best alternatives to DocuSign and top-notch electronic signature software called SignNow.
2. Login with your credentials and select “Upload My First Document.”
Once you’ve logged in, click “Upload my first document,” and then choose the document you want to be signed.
3. Click on “My Signature” under the Fill Out Myself section.
After uploading the document, you will see several menus for signatures in the left sidebar. You need to click on “My Signature”. Once you click on it, your cursor will be changed and it will show the signature option with an arrow.
Place the cursor wherever you want to sign. A popup box will appear.
4. Enter your full name. And they will provide you with a signature.
Choose one and click on the sign button. The signature will appear on your document.
How SignNow is the Best Software for Signing Documents?
When it comes to electronic signatures, SignNow is superior in a few crucial areas.
- First, SignNow offers a more streamlined and user-friendly interface that makes it easy to find the signature tool and add your signature.
- Second, SignNow allows you to add extra security measures to your signature. Such as a PIN or biometric authentication, data encryption, and tamper-proof logs which add an extra layer of protection.
- Third, SignNow integrates with a number of other platforms and services (including Microsoft Word), so you can easily send documents out for signature without having to leave your app or email client.
- In addition to that, With SignNow, you can sign electronically from anywhere – whether that’s from your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Finally, SignNow provides a comprehensive set of tools for managing your signatures and documents. So you can keep track of everything in one place.
With the release of Microsoft Word 2013, an electronic signature is now possible to add to your documents. But as technology fastens more feasible options evolved.
Now, with just a few clicks, you can add your signature to any document. Plus, if you’re using SignNow on your mobile device, you can even sign documents with your finger or stylus.
So next time you need to sign a document, don’t reach for the pen—just open up SignNow and get started.
If you decide that using an electronic signature is right for you, then we hope that our tutorial has helped you to get started. So if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.
FAQs: Insert Electronic Signature in Word
If you’re new to electronic signatures, you may have some questions about how they work. Here are some answers to commonly asked questions:
Q: What is an electronic signature?
An electronic signature, also known as an e-signature, is a digital way of signing documents. You can use your mouse, touchpad, or stylus to sign electronically. E-signatures are legally binding in most countries, and they’re a convenient way to sign documents without having to print them out and sign them by hand.
Q: How do I sign an electronic document?
You can sign an electronic document using SignNow. Simply open the document in SignNow and click the “Sign” button. Enter your name and email address, then click the “Sign” button to complete the process.
Q: What types of documents can I sign electronically?
You can sign any type of document using SignNow, including contracts, agreements, forms, and more.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of documents I can sign electronically?
No, there is no limit to the number of documents you can sign electronically using SignNow.
Q: Is an electronic signature legally binding?
In most cases, yes. Electronic signatures have the same legal weight as handwritten signatures in the United States.
Q: What if I don’t have a SignNow account?
If you don’t have a SignNow account, you can still sign an electronic signature by creating a free account. Simply click on the “Create Account” button on the SignNow homepage and follow the instructions.
Q: Is my electronic signature secure in SignNow?
Yes, your electronic signature is secure in SignNow. SignNow uses 256-bit encryption to protect your documents and signatures. Additionally, all signed documents are stored securely on our servers.